by Anne Raso
As you know if you caught Part 1 of our interview with Jesse McCartney, we caught up with him backstage in the green room at the Regis & Kelly show. He was in the Big Apple promote his new single, "Shake," and forthcoming as-yet-untitled CD which he hopes to release in early '11. We got him to talk a little about the new album and what his future hopes and goals are--and he's always a pleasure to chat with! Every musical artist should be so professional and cordial with the press!
OTTB: Do you have any special promotions going on for your forthcoming album? Are you going to meet fans who win a contest to meet you or anything like that?
Jesse: We have been doing a contest on my website for the last few weeks where I come to the fan and surprise them at their place--whether it is their apartment or their house. I surprised this one girl in front of her 10th grade English class. I forget which state it was because it has been a whirlwind for me lately. I have literally gone to where they are, picked them up, and taken them with me to the local radio station to promote "Shake." I have also played acoustic shows at radio stations and previewed a few songs from the new album. I have been getting back in with the fans and interacting again.
OTTB: I notice that the single is out three or four months before the album--is there a reason there is so much advance time?
Jesse: Well, yeah--I really just want the song to saturate and I would really like to see another single come out before the album is released.
OTTB: So, the goals with this album are what exactly? Do you just want to establish your sound further--pr to prove you have longevity?

No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario