lunes, 4 de octubre de 2010

Miranda Cosgrove: "All The Things That Happen Behind The Scenes (At iCarly) Make Me Laugh!"


An Exclusive ON THE TEEN BEAT Q&A!

PART ONE...

by Anne M. Raso

We were lucky enough to catch up with Miranda at the recent Nickelodeon Worldwide Day Of Play...the network went off the air for three hours while their biggest stars took to the stage in NYC's Riverside Park, doing performances and even participating in games like Brain Surge. Not far from the stage, attendees participated in Nickelodeon show themed activities and if you looked close enough, you could spot someone dressed as Spongebob on the moon bounce. We spoke to Miranda in her trailer about her future plans, t he future of iCarly and what she simply hopes to accomplish as a human being!

OTTB.COM: So give me an update on everything you have been up to record-wise, TV-wise, etc.
Miranda: We just finished the new season of iCarly last week and since then I have been in New York since I am doing an episode of The Good Wife which I am really excited about just 'cause it is so different from anything I have done before. I am also working on some new music and getting ready to go on tour...yeah, I am just anxious for everyone to see the new (iCarly) shows because I feel that we went crazier this season. We just had a lot more fun. When I watch the episodes, I remember all the little moments of fun things that happened when we were filming on the set. All the things that happen behind the scenes make me laugh!

OTTB.COM: It sounds like you have a fun set! Can you share with our readers a couple of funny things that might have happened behind the scenes?
Miranda: Yeah, sure! Well, first thing you have to know is Jerry, who plays my brother on the show spends every second of every day trying to get us to laugh! He is really good at it because he is hysterically funny! So from this season, we probably have the most outtakes ever! I am gong to the wrap party tomorrow and they made a gigantic tape starting from the first season to this last season we just finished--it is of all the funny things and outtakes that have happened. I am sure it is just going to be of Jerry making us crack up and us getting in trouble.

OTTB.COM: Is the wrap party just for cast and crew only?
Miranda: Yeah, it is just for all the people who have worked on iCarly over the past three years. It is going to be really fun. Our producer Dan Schneider rented out this really cool building just down the street from where we film in Hollywood...it is actually the penthouse of an old apartment building that they haven't sold yet. He got the penthouse just for the night and it is supposed to be really cool and have a basketball court in it. It is just crazy.

OTTB.COM: Now, do you do other things besides acting and singing--for instance, do you have a cosmetics or skincare product deal or even a clothing line?
Miranda: Well, I work with Neutrogena. I have done a few commercials with them and I am getting ready to do new commercials with Vanessa Hadyn. It is really fun. I still have not gotten to wash my face in slow motion. It is the one thing I really want to do! (Laughs.)
OTTB.COM: (Laughs.) I thought they shot that in real time and then slowed it down later with some computer film editing application!
Miranda: I think they might but just in case, I am prepared to wash my face in slow motion in real life.

OTTB.COM: But you can't make the water move slowly. (Laughs.) So at this point in time, have you made new goals for yourself as both a person and as a performer?
Miranda: Yeah, definitely. It is funny because when I was younger, I was just like, "I love singing and I love acting and that is just what I want to do." I still want to do those things but now I am thinking about college. I also would like do a serious film or even comedy. I just would like to be in a good movie but I think that everyone would want to be that. I definitely think about that all the time but I guess every actor thinks about their future that way.
On The Teen Beat staffer, Anne Raso with Miranda at Nickeloden's Worldwide Day of Play held in New York City.
PART TWO TO COMING SOON!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario